Friday, January 14, 2011

Rocky Road Fudge

I love the creamy texture of this easy to make fudge. This is an easy and classic holiday treat, yum!
Rocky Road Fudge

2 (12 oz.) pkgs. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp. vanilla extract

3 cups miniature marshmallows

1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Microwave chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a large uncovered bowl on HIGH for 1 minute; Stir. If necessary, microwave additional 10-15 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in the vanilla extract. Fold in the marshmallows and nuts. Press into a lightly greased 13×9×2 -inch pan. Chill until ready to serve.

***The original recipe calls for ‘2 cups of chocolate chips’, and I accidentally misread it and I used 2 (12 oz.) pkgs. instead of just 2 cups, and did not realize my mistake until it was too late. Also my mixture began to cool and set up VERY quickly, so if you are going to make this I highly recommend measuring all of your ingredients out before hand so you can add them quickly.

No comments: