Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ham Salad Sandwich Spread

After much searching and several failed recipe attempts, I have finally found the best Ham Salad recipe! The original recipe is here, but I made a few adjustments to suit our taste and what I had on hand in my pantry. This is just so good on bread as a sandwich, on split rolls, or on crackers. My kids are wild for it and so am I.

Ham Salad Sandwich Spread

1 lb. good quality ham, trimmed of fat and diced
1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
1/2 cup sliced celery
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup dill pickle relish
2 tsp. prepared yellow mustard
1 TBSP. brown sugar
ground black pepper to taste

In a food processor, combine the ham, onion and celery. In short bursts, pulse 25 time or so, stopping to push the sides down once or twice, making sure to mince everything. In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dill pickle relish, mustard, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add the minced ham mixture and pepper to taste and mix well. Cover and chill until serving.

No comments: