Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beanie Weenie Stew

Yes, I will admit it, I adore beanie weenies. It's right up there as one of my all time favorite meals. Yes, seriously. Not sure why, they weren't much of a staple when I was growing up, but they are a fun supper time solution in my house for my kids. This recipe is easy, delicious, and one that I can throw together at a moments notice, and I usually have every ingredient on hand which makes it even easier.

Beanie Weenie Stew

2 (28 oz.) can baked beans
1 1/3 cups ketchup
1 tsp. cider vinegar
2-4 TBSP. brown sugar
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 (12-16 oz.) pkgs. hot dogs, sliced

Throw all ingredient into a 6 quart or larger Slow Cooker. Cover and cook on 'HIGH' for 4-6 hours or 'LOW' for 8 hours. Serve with a green salad and a crusty loaf of french bread.

No comments: