Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tangy Beef Stroganoff

This is my favorite Beef Stroganoff recipe, I have been making it for years. I love that I can use sliced beef strips or even ground beef, and it always tastes delicious! You can also make this in your slow cooker if you prefer.

Tangy Beef Stroganoff

1 lb. beef top sirloin steak (or ground beef instead)
1/4 cup butter
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cup water
2 TBSP. lemon juice
2 TBSP. red wine vinegar
4 tsp. beef bouillon granules
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 cups (16 oz.) sour cream
Hot cooked egg noodles

Cut beef into 1/8-in. thick strips. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef in butter until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm. In pan juices, cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until tender; stir in flour. Add water, lemon juice, vinegar, bouillon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream and beef; heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
*Slow Cooker Method*- I don't brown the meat, instead I just toss the meat, onions, butter, 3 (4 oz.) cans of mushroom slices drained, beef bouillon, and 2 cups of water into my slow cooker, turn it on LOW and let it go for the day. About 1 hour before serving, I whisk the flour into the lemon juice and vinegar, then add it to the crock pot along with the salt and pepper. I give it a good stir and let it go until right before serving, then I stir the sour cream in. Then serve it over the hot cooked egg noodles.

No comments: