Friday, October 12, 2012

B's Whole Wheat (or White) Bread

One of Marky's friends gave him this recipe, and he thought I might like it so he passed it along to me. I am so glad he did since it's so good that it has become my primary go-to bread recipe. But since my wheat grinder is currently broken I have been using regular white bread flour instead of the whole wheat, and getting incredible results with it too. So while I don't personally know who B is, he has my deepest thanks.

B's Wheat Bread Recipe

 - 6 cups white wheat flour
 - 2 TBSP. yeast
 - 1/2 cups gluten
 - 4 cups warm water

Mix ingredients until stringy and sticky, then let rest and let it
rise in the bowl a bit (about 30-ish minutes).

Then add:

 - 1/3 cup vegetable oil
 - 1/3 cup honey
 - 1 TBSP. salt
 - Enough Flour to Form Dough (cleans the bowl while kneading)

Knead until satiny smooth.  Form into 4 loaves and let rise in greased loaf pans about 30-45 minutes.  Bake at 350* for 25-30 minutes.


**I also add about 1/3 cup dough conditioner when I add the oil, honey, and salt to my bread.

No comments: