Friday, August 6, 2010

Crockpot BBQ Beans

I saw this recipe, just one of her many tasty offerings, and knew I had to make it. It's so easy to throw together and a delicious side with any of our grilled summer fare. I wrote out the recipe as I made it, which is still almost exactly the same as the original, I just used all brown sugar and I used all canned beans . And the green beans were a great addition, they really worked in this dish and only added to the yummy flavor.

Crockpot BBQ Beans

Place in your crockpot:

1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 (15 oz.) can pork & beans
1 (15 oz.) can green beans, drained
1 small pkg. real bacon bits/pieces 'or' about 1 cup crumbled, cooked bacon

Mix together and pour over beans in crockpot:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup ketchup
1 1/2 TBSP. white vinegar
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Cook on 'LOW' for 4 hours or on 'HIGH' for 1-2 hours until hot. Serve and enjoy!

No comments: